Nutrition Benefits of Eating Bitter Gourd
- Bitter gourd has been associated with lowering sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes. You can make fresh juice with 1 bitter gourd, 1 cucumber and 1 tomato. Drink it every morning.
- Bitter gourd is said to be helpful in fighting against cancer and a number of infections.
- Bitter gourd has been known to provide relief from constipation and is also effective in the treatment of psoriasis.
- Bitter gourd helps in improving circulation and in turn, generates slimming effects on the body.
- Regular consumption of bitter gourd has been associated with prevention as well as treatment of hypertension.
- Bitter gourd is believed to be helpful in preventing eye complications, apart from treating neuritis.
- The juice of the leaf of bitter gourd plant has been found to be beneficial in the treatment of alcoholism.
- The essential vitamins and minerals present in bitter gourd help in treating defective metabolism of carbohydrates.
- The bitter tonic properties of bitter gourd have made it effective as a blood purifier.
- Fresh juice of bitter gourd is good for patients suffering from piles.
Karela (Bitter gourd) 5
Ginger garlic paste 1 teaspoon
Gram flour 1 tablespoon
Red chilli powder, salt, sugar, dried mango powder, garam masala according to taste
Wash karela, scrape the skin with knife. cut a slit vertically in to the belly of the karela. Rub salt inside the skin and set aside for half an hour. During this time u can preapare stuffing.
For stuffing take one pan, put 1tbspn oil,ginger garlic paste, gram flour stil well untill golden brown, now add tomato. Mix salt,red chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,garam masala,dry mango powder,very ltl sugar, saute for 5 mins.
After that wash karela properly 3-4 times. Then deep fry whole karelas for 5 mins.
Now fill karelas with this stuffing. In a pan put 1/2 tspoon oil, stuffed karelas and cook it for 5 mins.
Stuffed bitter gourd is ready to eat with chapati.