This is my dear hubby's absolute favourite biryani recipe. Though this one is quite labourious and the ingredient list is long, the results are well worth.
This dish constitues two colours of rice. This two rice are prepared separetely and mixed
at the end.
Mixed rice 1 cup
(white rice mixed with small quantity of brown rice)
Basmati rice 1 cup
spinach 1 cup (washed and grinded)
ginger garlic paste 1 tspoon
Carrots 1/2 cup cut into small pieces
Beans 1/2 cup
potato 1 small
couliflower 1/4 cup
yogurt 2 tspoon
salt,red chilli powder,garam masala acc to taste
- First boil mixed rice as u do for the nomal plan rice.
- In a separate pan prepare thegreen rice. For that blend the spinach leaves and put it in the pan. Then add washed basmati rice and cook it.
- Meanwhile heat oil in the frying pan, add bay leaf,cloves,onions,ginger garlic paste.
Fry till the colour of onions gets pink.
- Now Add yogurt and all the chopped veges, salt,chilli powder,garam masala and stir it well.
Cook the veges for 10 mins.
- Next add both the cooked rice one by one and mix it well.
- Lastly garnish it with fried cashew nuts and raisins.
- Serve it with raita.